Beeline

My Ideal President

Close up of stars on US flag

Image Source

Close up of stars on US flag

Logan Dail, Editor

What makes a President great? There are a million things you could say to answer that question. To be President of the United States, you definitely have to be a true leader. But what is a true leader? True leaders listen without being condescending. They are willing to hear what others have to say without rushing to judgement. They are patient and genuine with their desire to understand the thoughts of the people they lead. They Communicate openly and often and make sure their voice is heard. They are upright and honest with their people and they know their values and the rules they will abide by regardless of the circumstances they are facing. They have great integrity and influence. They know who they are and what they stand for.

A true leader has the ability to say, “Do as I do.” Rather than, “Do as I say.” Because they lead by example. When times get hard they don’t crack under pressure, they have the full trust of their people and have the ability to persevere when things go south. True leaders can rally their people behind them and the people will say, “I have your back just as you had mine.” No matter how bad things can get, they won’t give up on you even if you have given up on them. They use constructive criticism and help people rather than belittle them. And at the end of the day, they’re the same person they were when they got out of bed.

But that’s not all you need to become a great president. Being a smooth speaker is a must. They must have the right amount of swagger and humility mixed with authenticity. They have to be able to get their point across and still have an open mind. They need to know what hard work is, what it’s like to get your hands dirty.

The people don’t serve the president, the president serves the people. He or She will protect the rights of Americans and keep them safe. They will make College education a lower cost. Because the average student debt is around $30,000, they would cut it in half to about $15,000. Our Borders would be secure but it would make exceptions for different circumstances. They would obliterate any group of terrorists who attack our homeland or our citizens. They would bring jobs back to the people and boost the economy. They would decrease our debt and stop unnecessary spending. Not a single american veteran would be homeless because they would increase benefits for serving in the forces. When a disaster strikes, they would be there in a matter of days, not take a golfing vacation. They would put our youth on a pedestal and make sure they are well educated and have equal opportunities. If you want something, go out there and get it. It will not just be handed to you. They would start funding NASA again so we could study more about space and other planets and galaxies. This president would represent the American Dream, working your way to the top. They would put the country on their back and carry us out of the hole we’ve dug ourselves in, he or she would build something from nothing and save our country. Not only would they be president, but a hero.

Logan Dail, Sports Editor

When it comes to sports knowledge, I'm your guy. Any questions about sports teams, records, players and rules, I can answer your questions. I'm a huge...