Beeline

Brookville Theater Performs “The Wizard of Oz”

Megan Barbour

Attendees followed the “yellow brick road” down to the Brookville auditorium to join Dorothy, Tin-Man, Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion in their several days of performances. This show brought together students from not only Brookville High School, but also Brookville Middle School as well as elementary school students.  These younger actors and actresses had the opportunity to play citizens of the Emerald City, as well as Munchkins in Munchkinland.

“The reason this performance has brought us together more than any other is that we have middle school actors involved, which gives us an opportunity to lead them,” junior Cassidy Phelps said.

The journey to Oz involves a twister, a search for belongings, and an actual dog, all in the Brookville auditorium. Along with the high school actors and actresses, the cast offered opportunities for lower classes to be showcased.

“This show was unlike any other that we have done because of the amount of work and preparation that went into it,” junior Sarah Bergin said, who played the role of the Wicked Witch. “We all auditioned months ago and we’ve been working hard to make this the best show we have ever performed.”

On Saturday, the cast hosted a children’s breakfast matinee.

“The kids were so excited to take pictures and spend time with us,” senior Jessica Murphy said. “All together it was a phenomenal show under Brookville theater department’s belt.”

Megan Barbour, N/A

Hello, my name is Megan and I am a first year staffer for the Beeline. I joined journalism because I find joy in sharing other peoples' backstories. I...