Beeline

Filed under Announcements, News

Press Release >> Update on Storm Damage at Brookville High School

Back to Article
Back to Article

With no place to practice and play, spring sports teams are working from an improvised schedule to complete the season. Check out Dr. Robert Johnson’s press release down below for more info about the status of our facilities post tornado: 

__________________

Press Release >> 

Update on Storm Damage at Brookville High School

April 20, 2018

As you may be aware, the athletic complex at Brookville High School sustained damage from the tornado this past Sunday evening.  A big thank you to the students and community members who came out on Monday to help clean up the grounds!

Much of the damage is not completely visible and the facilities are still being evaluated by structural engineers and insurance adjusters.  We hope this work will be completed by April 30, 2018.

As of today, all of the facilities are closed.  Once the lighting on the football field and tennis courts has been inspected, the track may be reopened.  The home football bleachers will continue to be closed, as well as the bathrooms below the bleachers. The baseball field will take longer to reopen.  At a minimum, the backstop must be re-anchored and one pole replaced, including the footing for the pole which was cracked during the event. The light poles have been inspected; however, the lights themselves must be evaluated for damage and broken brackets.

We appreciate your patience during this time.